- Protege and top disciple of Grandmaster Jae Hun Kim
- Founder, J H Kim Taekwondo Singapore Network
- Vice-President (Asia Pacific), J H Kim Taekwondo International Network
- Kukkiwon-certified 5th Dan Master Instructor
- Singapore Taekwondo Federation / Singapore Sports Council NCAP Certification
- Accomplished Taekwondo competitor with multiple wins at US national- and state-level sparring tournaments
The Early Years
Mr Santos Rivas hails from the tiny Central American country of El Salvador but spent his formative youth as a student in Boston, USA. In 1994, he began his Taekwondo training at the J H Kim Taekwondo Institute, never expecting that the teachings he received from Grandmaster Kim would so fundamentally and completely change his life.
Mr Rivas proved to be a talented and dedicated student, spending any free time when he was not working days and studying nights, training at the Taekwondo school. Within a few years, he earned his 1st dan black belt under Grandmaster Kim and soon started teaching at the school. He was also an accomplished competitor, having won major US national- and state-level competitions such as the US Cup and Massachusetts and New York State Championships.
Since the founding of the Singapore network in 2003, Mr Rivasʼ passion for teaching Taekwondo has grown stronger day by day, where his classes are renowned for their relevance, innovation and sound technical principles.
Moving to Singapore and Malaysia
As Grandmaster Jae Hun Kimʼs top disciple and protege, he is responsible for the overall development of the J H Kim system in the Asia-Pacific region. Mr Rivas has taught Ambassadors, CEOs and many other influential people but he remains dedicated making sure each and every student receives the best possible Taekwondo education in Singapore and Malaysia!